Home Fact Check Migrants being charged to travel, is an unproven theory

Migrants being charged to travel, is an unproven theory

On 2nd May, 2020, Ministry of Railways issued a guideline to state governments on the their request to run special trains for migrant workers

The guideline states the trains are being run only for those persons whom state government clears to travel and not for general public.

The same day, BJP Spokes person Sambit Patra shared a press note by Ministry of Home Affiares which states 85% of the fare will be born by Railways and the 15% remains will be by state government.

And no tickets being sold at any station.

The state governments are requested to collect the fares and hand over to the Railways

Eventually, a picture of a ticket started to being circulated over social media, accusing Railways for the full fares being charged.

The ticket claimed to be sold by Railways

Though the ticket appears to be to travel from Vasai road to Gorakhpur on 3rd May, 2020, the ticket also displays that the fare is been paid in ‘Advance’.

Thought the ticket is not fake yet the story which speaks of the fares are being collected from migrants is unproven

According to the directive issues by MHA there were no restriction of issuing the tickets however the 85% of the stranded cost would be subsidized by Railways and the remaining 15% would be contributed by state governments concerned.

A journalist of ABP News also tweet with such tickets attached

There are some speculations around states being paying for the tickets yet the local staff at some railway stations are making the migrant workers pay for the same tickets again and are keeping the paid money with them but none of the authentic source or evidence surfaced proving the fares being collected from migrants.

A tweeter handle, on 4th May, shared an order of Railways stating an additional amount is being charged over and above the the fare for sleeper mail express trains.

However, the order still not state anything with regards to collect the fares from the migrants.

#Economist shared a video in which travelers are being stating a nominal amount being charged however such a payments is not in records of Railways or any authority as such.

Tushar Singh Sengar
A writing enthusiast and a keen observer. Through this platform i have envisioned to deliver authentic stories and information of public importance.

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

Verdict on AGR by Justice Arun Mishra on day before his retirement requires an independent investigation in public interest

AGR (Adjusted Gross Revenue) is the basis on which the Department of Telecom (DoT) calculates levies payable by mobile operators.

This is how Scindias made to kill Rani Laxmibai and Tatya Tope

India's first war of independence, better known as the Indian Rebellion of 1857, began on this day, May 10 in the year...

Farm Bills, 2020: A ‘Systematic trap’ to catch farm produce by big corporations on their own terms

Senior SAD leader Harsimrat Kaur Badal, who on Thursday (September 17) resigned from the Union cabinet soon after her husband and SAD...

Be it Congress or BJP, two sides of same coin on Privatization of Airports

Last year, the central government had invited bids from private players to operate these airports for 50 years on a public-private partnership...

Related News

Verdict on AGR by Justice Arun Mishra on day before his retirement requires an independent investigation in public interest

AGR (Adjusted Gross Revenue) is the basis on which the Department of Telecom (DoT) calculates levies payable by mobile operators.

This is how Scindias made to kill Rani Laxmibai and Tatya Tope

India's first war of independence, better known as the Indian Rebellion of 1857, began on this day, May 10 in the year...

Farm Bills, 2020: A ‘Systematic trap’ to catch farm produce by big corporations on their own terms

Senior SAD leader Harsimrat Kaur Badal, who on Thursday (September 17) resigned from the Union cabinet soon after her husband and SAD...

Be it Congress or BJP, two sides of same coin on Privatization of Airports

Last year, the central government had invited bids from private players to operate these airports for 50 years on a public-private partnership...

China denied any wrongdoing in Galwan Valley clashes, all eyes on Modi Government to make its position “Clear”

"The Indian side violated the consensus and started provocation which led to escalation of the situation. Since the beginning of the standoff...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

English English हिन्दी हिन्दी